DevOps Team Lead
DevOps Team Lead, Linux, Agile, Debian, Puppet, ecommerce
This award-winning eCommerce business have quickly and firmly established themselves as one of the UK's top online retailers in just four years. Launched in 2010 by three close friends and entrepreneurs, they are truly a technology company at heart - using innovative technology to transform what was a previously offline industry to a fully functional digital force.
They employ around 130 in the business and they intend to double their technology team by the end of the year! They spend a great deal of money on branding and you may have noticed their advertisements on the London Underground, in the daily newspapers and even on national television!
Joining a sociable, talented and growing team in the London offices, you will be working with the technology team managing and supporting the company's high availability systems.
They require a DevOps Engineer with team-leadership experience to perform the following tasks:
- Lead the DevOps team
- Transferring DevOps knowledge to the technology team
- Optimising and maintaining Linux servers for uninterrupted 24x7, high-availability operation
- Optimising the MySQL database
- Full automation of system administration tasks along with relevant documentation
- Sure and accurate management of releases and coordination of regression tests
- Monitoring of all production systems and technologies
- Optimising both PHP and Python applications
- Integration with Business Intelligence tools
It is imperative that the DevOps Engineer have experience with the following:
- Linux administration (Debian, Ubuntu etc . . )
- Shell scripting
- Puppet and/or Foreman
- MySQL and/or Postgresql
Nice to have as many as possible:
- Python and/or Ruby
There is a generous employee benefits package comprising full private healthcare, along with hot and cold drinks and snacks provided absolutely free to the whole office! This includes fruit, plus toast with the choice of Marmite and Nutella!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.