Test Analyst - Nottingham
As a Test Analyst, you'll play an important role in the development of new & existing technology products with one of the worlds leading Insurance providers. Once a project reaches a certain stage of development, it's your role to ensure it works exactly as it should. Their Greenfield projects require a confident Tester to work towards implementing good Agile practices to get them up and running. There's a huge opportunity to showcase your testing and Agile knowledge while you're able to tailor your career progression in open communication with the team.
In this role it'll be up to you to define & develop the test approach before applying & assessing it, trying as best you can to 'break' it! This will include creating test plans, writing and executing test scripts/cases, recording and documenting test results, setting up / maintaining test artefacts, reporting test outcomes and supporting stakeholders to the deliver the right outcome.
The Test Analyst will hit the ground running to build strong relationships & work closely with developers, project managers, business partners, business analysts and the business itself to ensure the technology product meets their requirements & expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Ownership for defining, developing, applying and assessing the test approach to achieve the appropriate project outcome in line with their templates, methodologies and governance.
- Support and guide the business in the creation and execution of testing.
- Maintenance of test packs on a regular basis.
- Providing regular reporting on test runs to Management.
- Monitor test cycles and sign off approval for deployment of systems.
- Constantly review test cases and approach to ensure that the maximum test coverage is obtained with the most efficient use of resources.
- Work with business analyst function to ensure testing requirements are considered at specification stage.
- Recommend strategies for test systems, highlighting privacy & data protection concerns and providing appropriate solutions.
- Own and develop the relationships with stakeholders across multiple geographic regions.
- Call out risks and issues to the project so that these can be managed and escalated appropriately.
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues within IT including but not limited to project managers, business partners, business analysts and developers.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ensure that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in those areas of the business within the jobholder's responsibility.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a testing environment - manual necessary, automation ideal.
- Strong understanding of the technical challenges faced by a global business, able to understand test analysis and risks in this business context.
- Proven track record of test delivery, and number of projects delivered into the business.
- Experience of engaging with stakeholder across multiple business areas, at all levels, preferably on a global scale.
- Experience of working with commercial off-the-shelf test management and automation tools.
- ISEB or equivalent test certification would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the full system development life cycle.
- Insurance experience is preferred, though not mandatory.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent Test Analysis skills.
- Strong Excel / VBA skills.
- Strong written/verbal/oral communicator at all levels.
- Good relationship management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- IT systems knowledge.
- Proactive approach.
- Team player.
- Problem solver.
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Performance driven.
- Learning orientation.
- Strong organisational skills.
- C# .Net experience ideal
If you'd be interested in showcasing your testing and leadership skills within an established Insurance company, please contact Beth at Burns Sheehan.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.