Senior QA Engineer
Senior QA Engineer | Automation | Central Manchester
Anuual bonus & Comprehensive benefits
Flexible working actively encouraged
The role is within a small team of bright technologists under the umbrella of one of Manchester's fastest growing engineering hubs, working on innovative products making lives easier. You can work with enthusiastic and hands on leadership, some of the most talented Testing Engineers in Manchester, and a hardworking team. They're looking to spend 2019 making their customer journey better and would like to bring in a Senior QA Engineer to join their growing team. If you're innovative, sociable and forward thinking in your approach to test, then let's discuss.
What to expect:
- A collaborative, informal and relaxed work environment with agile teams.
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person. Opportunities to move across the business and experience different areas of our tech stack
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (conferences and meet ups, free breakfast, all the coffee you can drink and much more).
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups in trending topics like DevOps, Continuous Delivery and Big Data.
- Continuous Integration through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Automated testing of web apps, including related back end services and databases
- UI testing ideally with NightwatchJS
- Exploratory testing experience such as SBT
- Automated builds with continuous integration
- Agile methodologies
- Passion for continuous improvement and building a world-class engineering team.
- Understand how to assure a good UX across multiple browsers and devices
- Appreciation of security in the browser (e.g. XSS and CSRF)
- Affinity for e-Commerce
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Who are we looking for?
The right person will utilise context driven software testing and have good knowledge of what it means to work with large/distributed systems. I'm looking for someone who lives and breathes agile development, focused on delivery and wants to take a leading role in improving the way the team works.
Click apply and Beth will be in touch.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.