RAN Test Engineer
RAN - LTE 4G - VoLTE - Bristol
Do you want to work for one of the globe's highly regarded Test Consultancies?
Do you have good exposure to RAN / VoLTE from an Engineering / Optimisation perspective BUT keen on becoming a Telecom QA Engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the best testing consultancies around. You will have the chance to work with a variety of well-known clients and on a wide range of projects. An opportunity like this will give you the chance to gain a broad range of skills. It will expose you to technologies you haven't used!
This specialist Consultancy have a long list of well-known clients in various sectors across the UK. This particular client are looking for a number of Engineers who currently work in the Telecoms industry, preferably with RAN / VoLTE in-particular, who're keen to be trained up as Telecom QA Engineerto work for one of their clients in Bristol office.
Day to Day Responsibilities will Include:
- System level testing of embedded wireless networking devices
- Design, develop, and execute test plans for validating complex wireless products and solutions.
- Sustain production network by reproducing issues and working with suppliers and cross functional teams on fixes
- Work with software engineers and other test engineers to create, document, implement and execute unit and system level test case
- Design, setup and maintain several test beds in the lab, comprised of numerous devices under test and test equipment
- Design and develop test equipment drivers and critical test tools such as sniffers and instrumentation
What the Telecoms Test Engineers, RAN, VoLTE will bring to the team?
- Experience of working in the Telecoms industry with knowledge and experience of RAN and ideally, VoLTE
- Good understanding of protocols (GSM/ GPRS/ UMTS/ LTE/ VoLTE/ SIP/ Diameter)
- A great enthusiasm to learn and become a Telecom QA Engineer
- Experience using NEMO, Xcal, Viavi and Site Master is a bonus
This company will keep you at the forefront of your field, as they strive to be at the top of an ever changing industry. With this you will get an excellent career trajectory and they can offer promotions! There is a relatively clear career plan laid out for you to follow. This can go into management positions or more technical consultative roles.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.