Developer in Test
Join our clients ambitious vision to deliver innovative behaviourally driven machine learning insight for their customers. You will be working with a talented team of Data Scientists, Product Owners and Developers to test and deploy their big data cloud infrastructure projects in an AGILE environment.
We're looking for an Automation Tester with experience of working in a fast-paced environment focused on reliable and automated deployment to cloud based platforms, ensuring high quality and accuracy is maintained throughout the testing process to software release.
- Prepare and maintain test plans for use with automated testing tools
- formalise development of testing processes/tools to validate correct behaviour
- work on a dynamic, cloud based system including big data and machine learning
- Prepare the test deliverables including test plans, test data and test scripts to execute the tests against each software component and demonstrate the business conditions under test and the expected results
- Manage the prioritisation and reporting of defects to the development team and ensure development work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements
- Provide assistance to the development team during the release management process
- Provide estimates and feedback of test delivery phases to the Product Managers for project scheduling purposes and report on test activities on a periodic and ad-hoc basis
- Proven Automated and Manual test experience, testing complex software applications
- Extensive knowledge of Selenium Webdriver and NightWatch or similar technologies
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Jenkins
- Cloud / networking knowledge/experience including an understanding web technologies and underlying protocols such as HTTP
- Knowledge of Version Control (Git / Manuscript)
- Strong SQL knowledge and API Testing (SOAP/REST)
- Experience using practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD and BDD
- Ability to perform functional testing of software and record results in an appropriate, clear and concise format
- Experience writing test scripts and appropriately detailed test plans based on need, functional specifications and complexity.
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Use industry standard tools such as JIRA
- Experience working within an AGILE environment
- Development background
- AWS Experience
- Python, ElasticSearch, NginX.
- ISEB / ISTQB certificate in software testing
If you want to join one of Manchester's top tech companies and showcase your knowledge while learning along the way? Send your CV to email@example.com or call me on 0161 416 6168.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.