Automation QA Engineer
Automation QA Engineer | Central Manchester
Working for a scale-up technology business based in Manchester who are looking for their first dedicated Automation QA Engineer. The role is their first dedicated "automation" role, playing a key role in their automation strategy and supporting and driving the building of their automated test suites.
- Based in Central Manchester
- Permanent position
- Salary up to £55,000
- Suited to a QA Engineer who is looking to step into a role with greater responsibilities, with the opportunity to set up the automated test function of a fast growing business.
- Covid-19 update; Fully remote interviewing, onboarding process, and fully remote working for the foreseeable future.
Are you looking for the opportunity to grow your career as a Test Engineer?
Perhaps you're stuck in your squad as a Test Analyst, but looking to have a wider influence on how the team operates? Perhaps you're stuck in a large, corporate business and looking for more autonomy and freedom?
We're working with a scale-up technology business who have ambitious grow plans for 2020 and 2021 who are looking for their first dedicated QA Engineer.
Their goal is to have a world-class engineering team driven by best practice and with a seamless and slick delivery arm. As part of that, they're looking for an ambitious and driven QA professional who can play a key role as they look to build their automation test suites.
You'll be working in their currently small team, with a voice and freedom to help shape the strategy of technology in the business.
What will I be working with?
- The developers build cloud hosted software built in microservices, so there's a heavy element of cloud and containerised systems.
- You'll be testing both frontend and backend products, with the backend products tested using Restful APIs.
- You'll be working in a multi-cloud environment.
- You'll be working in a mature agile environment.
What's the environment like?
- You'll be working for a scale-up technology business with strong financial backing and a desire to grow rapidly.
- You'll be working in a dedicated technology function, surrounded by architects, developers and other technologists who have joined from some of Manchester's biggest technology businesses.
- You'll be in an agile environment, following Scrum.
- You'll have access to online learning courses and a training budget to improve your skills.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You'll be working as part of the team to come up with solutions to decide on the best technical approach.
- You'll be setting up automated frameworks and building automated test suites to test products.
- You'll be working across both front and back end testing.
- You'll work in a heavily "DevOps" driven role and will have exposure to automation and containers in the cloud, learning new skills in the process.
- You'll be working across the full SDLC lifecycle, from design through to delivery and then the ongoing improvements.
What will I need to succeed in the role?
- A strong background as a QA, with experience of building automated test suites.
- Experience of using test tools and frameworks, Again, this is technology agnostic.
- Experience with cloud based or containerised services would be a huge advantage. This isn't essential, but as you'll be working with these systems a basic understanding would be a big benefit.
- You'll be working in a Microsoft environment and so experience of working in this environment would again be an advantage.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.