Digital Designer | UX UI | Technology Company
Digital Designer | UX UI | Manchester
Working for a technology company that develops bespoke smart city technology solutions
- Manchester, UK
- Up to £45k, + bonus & wider benefits package
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world around us.
Connected devices collecting a huge amount of data across all aspects of how we live our lives. Everything from where we visit, where we spend money, how we get to work, how we travel.
This huge amount of data is literally shaping how we interact with our environment.
Cities are using this data to optimise their services and to improve our standards of living. Everything through transport optimisation, weather monitoring, pollution management, service optimisation and more. Smart cities are helping to move towards a sustainable economy and this is driving the growth of services in technology in this space.
We're working with a technology company who are part of this movement.
They create bespoke software and technology services that are allowing the shift towards smart cities. They create products that monitor and interpret real-time data which can then be evaluated to optimise and improve services.
As part of their growth, they are now looking to hire a permanent Product Designer; someone who will use user data and look at user interaction, as well as looking at the user experience of the product, and then producing seamless and user-friendly product designs.
You'll be using your UX and UI experience to work within project teams, taking responsibility of the product design using your digital design skills.
This is the first hire in this space and so you'll have the opportunity to make a difference, drive the working standards, and then look to grow out the product design function within the company.
What you'll be doing;
- Owning the design process; you'll be the first hire and so you'll run all areas of design across product, making prototypes and then looking at the product interaction.
- Managing interaction; looking at UI specifications and defining interaction models.
- Produce all visual designs across all stages.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the project requirements and then work with them across all UX and UI stages.
- Act as the lead on all user research projects.
- Run and manage internal design sessions, workshops and other project sprints.
If you have experience in designing digital products and have a portfolio that you are proud of (that shows off your end-to-end product design) and want to play a key role in the growth of this company, then please get in touch.
What next? Please apply and get in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Tom on 0203 206 1902 or email@example.com.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.