Project Manager | Technology Services | Manchester
Project Manager | Technology Services | Central Manchester
Working as a Technical Project Manager, leading on large-scale technology projects that include digital transformation and business change.
- Based in Central Manchester, UK
- Up to £60k, + bonus & wider benefits package
We're supporting a global technology business who are now at a key stage in the growth of their business. They are looking ahead to 2020 and beyond, looking at a number of technology and business transformation projects that will allow them to continue to grow at an incredible rate.
They're looking at projects that include large-scale cloud migrations, the upgrade of legacy systems, transitioning to microservice architecture, as well as the introduction of new platforms, services and systems. Coupled with double-digit headcount growth, as well as business change projects to support this, you can quickly see the challenges that the business faces in delivery.
To support them in these projects, they are looking for a strong Technical Project Manager; a PM from an IT or technology background who can drive and manage projects from cradle to grave.
You'll be using your experience in delivering on technology projects to bring together global stakeholders, communicating between technical and non-technical staff, and ensuring that projects come in as expected, on-time and on-budget.
The future of the role will be to grow a team of project specialists; looking at the hiring of Project Managers and Project Coordinators who can assist as these projects grow over time.
Initially, there will be a focus on the integration of new and legacy systems and so a background in managing similar projects will be a huge advantage.
What are they looking for?
- A strong background in technology; someone who can speak technically with developers and then link this with senior management and non-technical personnel.
- Great communication skills; you'll be linking a number of stakeholders across all levels of seniority and typically across a number of locations.
- Experience of running large-scale projects, including projects such as the development of new systems and platforms and the integration of these with legacy systems.
What next? Please apply and get in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Tom on 0161 249 7152 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.