Engineering Manager - London - £100,000 - £110,000 per annum plus bonus and stock
Engineering Manager | Greenfield Platform | Team Build | Fast Growing, Series B Funded
Are you an experienced Engineering Manager interested in becoming a key figure, building and leading a brand-new team? Do you have a passion for quality code, thrive in creative environments and have proven experience in building world class technical teams? If so, this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
Based in bright contemporary offices in central London, this global content platform has experienced significant growth over the last year, has been named one of the fastest growing businesses to watch and, having recently secured extremely strong Series B funding, is showing no signs of slowing down! Their content currently reaches over 17 million users every month and their app has been downloaded close to a million times. With an ambitious roadmap ahead, this is just the beginning.
Having recently hired a new VP Engineering to build out 3 brand new engineering teams in London, the role of Engineering Manager will be crucial to their success. You will be responsible for staffing those teams with skilled engineers, you'll be a real people person who is committed to ensuring that you team achieves its full potential.
Engineering Manager - Required skills:
- An impressive background as an Engineering Manager with a passion for building great technical teams from scratch and nurturing talent.
- Previous hands on development experience with good knowledge of both back-end and front-end frameworks, including mobile development.
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment.
- Strong Agile knowledge.
- Proven experience managing teams of around 20-30 people.
- Demonstrable experience of working with recruiters (internal and agency) to scale teams with a positive and efficient process.
- Strong commercial acumen - Indicators of saving money through improved efficiencies - ie faster code delivery, better team performance etc.
- Exceptional team management - How do you foster a collaborative environment where all engineers feel they are listened to and you actively help career development/learning etc.
Sounds good but what's in for you?
- The opportunity to be involved in completely Greenfield work where you'll have lots of autonomy to set process, build a world class culture and modernise the industry.
- The chance to join as one of the 1st few technical heads, take on a key role and become a vital figure in a well backed, tech led and creative start-up that has attracted top talent from the likes of Google, Facebook & Expedia
- Your team will work on complex problems daily and look to solve the challenge of maintaining quality while scaling content and using data to drive stories.
- Great office, relaxed and fun culture, excellent salary + other company perks.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Manager to build a team from the ground up and decide on culture, delivery and how it functions.
Roles like this do not come around often!
Please send your CV now for more information on both the role and company.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.