Engineering Manager - Advertising Trading Platform | ML
Engineering Manager - Location-based Data Analytics | Machine Learning | Advertising Trading Platform | Petabytes of Data
£125,000 per annum plus stock/benefits
Are you a creative and curious Engineering Manager with in-depth knowledge of real-time, low latency platforms?
Do you have a passion for building and leading high performing engineering teams?
Are you still close enough to the code to inspire your team and help drive the technical direction of the teams?
We are partnering with a leading tech company specialising in location-based data analytics within the advertising industry to find them an outstanding Engineering Manager. They process hundreds of thousands of requests per second through their real-time bidding platform - This is petabytes worth of data with millisecond-level latencies.
Set in modern offices in Central London, the company has aggressive plans for growth and want to bring in a visionary technical leader to bring their ambitions to fruition. The current team is 17 across two product sub-teams and they deliver internal and customer-facing Cloud-based applications which manage complex media and data campaigns for some of world's leading organisations. Their solutions provide in-depth reporting and visualisations from the deep analytics utilising big data and machine learning technology.
As Engineering Manager they are looking for you to demonstrate:
- How you have built, lead and managed cross-functional engineering teams to design, deliver and support web/back-end applications and infrastructure.
- Extensive experience of promoting a culture of lean development to ensure the teams operate as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- How you have improved previous engineering teams by implementing best practice and improving individual performance.
- How you would help to identify and utilise new and innovative opportunities to continue the client's commercial and technical growth.
As Engineering Manager you will need:
- A track-record of managing engineering teams building customer-facing products.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based services (AWS/GCP).
- Strong decision-making skills with excellent leadership providing technical direction whilst effectively prioritising against business goals.
- You will be detail-focused, collaborative inspiring and self-motivating.
- Strong understanding producing and consuming data from third party APIs.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an Engineering Manager in a fast growing business which has cutting-edge technology at its heart. Please reply with your CV or call Simon Evans for more detail.
Engineering Manager - Machine Learning | Big Data | Java | Scala | Advertising Trading Platform
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.