Engineering Director - Exciting Global Transformation
A global, world renowned organisation who are underway with a huge transformation now require an Engineering Director to play an integral role.
This Engineering Director role will be leading a team of c.15 who are working on very interesting backend/data type programmes.
- We need to this hire be technical. Hands on to the level of being able to make technical decisions but there will be very minimal code writing.
- Development background - any backend language.
- People management - In this role you'll sit above the two scrum teams.
- From a Team leadership perspective, you must have experience managing teams of a similar size - Circa 15
- Ideally, you'll experience working on a backend/data type projects
- There will be some architectural decision making at times, so you'll need to be able to understand the problems and provide good technical direction.
- You'll need to have good communication and a good track record of bringing teams together and collaborating.
- You'll be responsible for the day to day running of the team - Holiday approvals, reviews.
- The ideal candidate will be able to strike the right balance between agility and following the processes where needs be.
- You'll need to understand data and relational databases
For more information on this fantastic opportunity that is offering a great salary, flexible working, working for a hugely successful, global organisation then get in touch for an informal chat.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.