Director of Software Engineering
Director of Software Engineering - Build a team and build Greenfield products for a well known global brand
Up to £110,000 per annum plus 30% bonus and amazing benefits
My client is a well-funded start-up going through rapid acceleration and part of a global market leading brand. They are looking for an Engineering Director to work with the CTO to build their technology engineering team. The Engineering Director will be critical to my client's success, leading on all aspects of technology engineering, creating the new platforms and services which will make their products and propositions successful. The Engineering Director will be responsible for building products and services as good as the best 'cloud native' organisations.
As Engineering Director, you will lead full-stack development, integration and deployment of highly secure, performant and reliable technology products. These include back-end systems, big data and analytics platforms, and customer and partner APIs, apps, websites and conversational interfaces as well as tools for our operational and sales teams.
Many of these tools are being developed from scratch in an exciting greenfield opportunity.
You will be an experienced and credible leader and technology engineering professional, establish and lead an effective engineering team and maintain the approaches, processes, systems, services and visibility to enable effective technology development, delivering exceptional quality and value to customers.
Reporting into the CTO you will take functional leadership of all aspects of technology engineering. The ability to work in a challenging and complex multi-stakeholder environment is key to success in this role, requiring a leader who relishes the challenge of putting in place the foundations for successful and ongoing technology development.
We are looking for someone to:
- Create a clear technology engineering strategy. Building and maintaining the strategic engineering plan to create visibility of budget, people and supplier requirements.
- Establish and maintain a highly effective technology engineering team.
- Work collaboratively across the company to provide technology engineering leadership and embed processes, ways of working and knowledge management which delivers efficient and high-quality development and deployment.
- Manage relationships with key partners, suppliers and contracts relating to technology engineering ensuring delivery and performance is consistent with expectations, risks are managed, issues are resolved, and value is released in line with customer and business needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations function to ensure devops processes are embedded while maintaining engineering excellence.
- Deliver transparency of technology engineering information across the organisation.
You will have proven experience of successfully leading complex technology engineering services across a broad range of technology types and situations from internal IT services and B2B to large scale customer facing services. Experience of successfully leading engineering teams in agile and devops environments, cloud native technologies and in continuous integration tools and continuous delivery. Experience of delivery using a range of technologies across the full-stack in a cloud-native environment.
You will be able to demonstrate success in driving and delivering successful business change, simplification of business processes and continuous improvement in technology engineering. As well as experience of successfully delivering highly secure, high availability services to mass market public audiences.
This is a career defining opportunity and a chance to work with a world class leadership team. Please reply with your CV or call Simon Evans for more details.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.