Thinking about a career in recruitment but worried that you don't have enough sales experience?
Don’t worry, the stuff you pick up at university and previous jobs - building relationships, time management, working towards deadlines, communication skills, growing social media networks – is the basic toolkit you need to be a recruiter. After you’ve completed our Training Programme , you’ll have the tools and techniques to kick-start your career in tech recruitment and start earning excellent commission.
You will initially work alongside one of our experienced team-members on a day-to-day basis, but as a trainee recruitment consultant we fully expect you will have the confidence to take your own initiative and improve without micromanagement. By the end of your first year, we hope to see you handling your own meetings and interviews and generating your own pipeline of work which will provide a consistent earnings straight into your pocket. Whereas many agencies operate with a threshold of £Thousands before you make any commission at all, you receive a part of whatever you earn for Burns Sheehan!
To flourish here you will be driven, honest, innovative, full of integrity, professional & great fun to be around. If you have these qualities then please get in touch!
We run a very successful tech recruitment team here at Burns Sheehan and we are looking for talented people to come and work with us.
If you possess the following then we would love to hear from you.
- Self-motivated, with a discernibly strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for digital technology (e.g. personal blog, active user of social media, basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, active reader of digital tech news, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial flair or experience in team leadership roles
- Ability to work in a small team environment and follow instructions effectively in a positive manner
- Degree-level education and/or significant work experience
- Previous sales/recruitment/customer-focused experience desirable but not necessary
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary and excellent commission structure with no threshold
- Bespoke, individually-tailored training from our Head of Learning & Development
- Start on a warm desk – we’re on a PSL for a large number of leading companies and will have a number of roles for you to work on right away!
- Opportunity to develop specialist digital / tech industry knowledge
- Friendly, collaborative and relaxed work culture – we play music in the office and the dress code is office casual
- Benefits package includes: Early Friday finish, Birthday bed day, half price gym, loyalty holidays, and quarterly lunch club and annual trips for consultants who hit their targets
We've turned 11 years old this year and have lots of things to look forward to in 2016. We have an exceptional team of high calibre seasoned recruiters; a Learning & Development programme dedicated to the training and upskilling of existing and new employees; ever-increasing digital brand presence that enables interactivity and conversations with our network; and we've recently moved in to our new, state-of-the-art offices.