Technical Support Engineer | 1st/2nd Line
Technical Support Engineer (1st/2nd Line) | Manchester
- Basic starting salary of between £20,000 and £25,000
- Great scope for progression within a rapidly growing business
If you're looking for a new challenge at the moment, have you thought about the type of organisation you'd like to represent? How would you like to work with a group of people dedicated to ethical causes? We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join a Manchester city centre business providing software and web solutions to charities, educational bodies and religious organisations. The team is wholeheartedly committed to its purpose, and this is a different kind of technology business.
Your role within the team will be to ensure that technical queries are responded to promptly and effectively, and escalated wherever necessary. You'll liaise with internal and external clients, prioritising issues according to SLAs.
In time, you'll be working closely with clients to solve problems directly, and you'll also have the opportunity to get involved in on-going project work. The business is embarking on a major cloud migration over the next 12 months; it's an exciting time to get involved and real opportunity for someone to join, learn and progress.
What will you bring to the table?
- Technical knowledge and understanding of modern computer hardware, both desktop and mobile.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft enterprise technologies: Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, etc
- Commercial experience in a technical support or service desk environment.
- An analytical mindset and passion for problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work across various departments.
- A working knowledge of network protocols and hardware (Cisco, Juniper, etc) would be beneficial!
If you're well organised, proactive and want to work for an ethical business, get in touch! Click Apply and John from Burns Sheehan will reply the same working day.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.