Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Manchester City Centre
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + on-call allowance & benefits
Burns Sheehan is working with an e-Commerce group headquartered in central Manchester to identify a versatile Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their burgeoning team. The business is on a strong financial footing (they secured over £750m of investment in 2017 alone!) and has big plans for 2018 and beyond. They are expanding globally, and this means their infrastructure team has a lot on its plate. To support this growth they are looking for a bright, creative, passionate technologist to join the team. This is a real opportunity for you to get an early foot in the door at a business with a growing global footprint.
In addition to providing timely support to their existing network and users, you will be given an opportunity to drive greenfield projects and technological advancements within the business. They are driving a number of major initiatives this year and there will be plenty of exciting new tech involved. The company recently moved to a fantastic new office, equipped with all the tech and amenities you'd expect from a modern employer.
Why this job?
- Progression - the business is doing well and infrastructure will grow with it.
- Challenge - lots of greenfield work, including ambitious national and international expansion projects.
- Collaboration - modern open plan offices where you'll sit alongside the lead architect and the rest of the department.
- Flexibility - start earlier or later in a grown-up environment where you'll simply be trusted to do your job.
- Benefits - market leading benefits package with everything you would expect of a quality employer.
What will you bring to the table?
- An in-depth understanding of virtualisation technologies such as VMWare & Citrix.
- Windows server management experience.
- Strong hands on knowledge of physical server installation and management.
- You'll have been involved in projects - infrastructure rollouts, migrations, upgrades, etc.
- Good understanding of load balancing technologies.
- Physical storage management experience. Knowledge of cloud technologies always a bonus!
- Working knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions - ASA/Checkpoint/Juniper/Fortinet etc.
- Flexibility. This is a growing business with locations across the UK and you may be required to visit sites to carry out work.
- A genuine passion for technology. Set up a home network? Tell us about it!
If this is something you need to know more about, click Apply and John from Burns Sheehan will be in touch!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.