Linux Systems Administrator
Linux Systems Engineer - FinTech - £67,500 + 21% Bonus - London
One of the US's equivalents to the London Stock Exchange, with an annual trading volume that hovered around 1.2 billion contracts just a few years ago is now searching for a Linux Systems Engineer, to be made responsible for all the Systems Administration tasks on the Linux estate.
As a Linux Systems Engineer you will have a substantial effect on how the organisation is run as you will be part of a tight knit team of 3, all of which help each other out and celebrate success. Whilst the team may be small, the responsibilities are huge, as they look after all of the Linux servers, storage solutions and monitoring tools on a global scale. Travel to the data centre in Slough may also be required once or twice a month.
The ideal Linux Systems Engineer will have:
- Extensive experience in RHEL Linux (or Similar)
- Good knowledge of HP DL 360 server hardware
- Bash is a minimum, python scripting (willingness to learn) training is available on python scripting
- Will be using Salt for Config management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible is fine)
- Any of the following for monitoring: Influx db, Graphana, ELK
The following experience would be highly beneficial
- Advanced knowledge of SAN storage systems
- Experience with virtualisation technology
- Good networking and security competence
Now for the benefits!
- Standard STI bonus target is 21% - could be higher or lower depending on company financial and individual performance (Has been paid out for the last 2 years!)
- Private Healthcare (taxable benefit)
- 25 day's paid holiday per holiday year for full time employees, increasing with length of service at a rate of one extra day per completed year's service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Long Term Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension plan (5%)
- ClassPass Corporate Membership (The company will pay for your monthly membership)
- Access to a private GP service, The Company will meet the cost of this service
- EAP service
- Season Ticket Loan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay
This opportunity is truly not one to be missed. The company is one of a kind in their unique approach and their ability to drive the global marketplace forward through product innovation, technology and trading solutions is second to none. If you are looking to develop your skills and join one of the most established global exchanges, please get in touch.
**Currently this role is remote, although the expectation is that employees will return to the office for 2/3 days per week from September - BUT NEVER 5 DAYS! **
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.