Linux Systems Administrator
Linux Systems Administrator - 6 Month Contract - 450pd - World Leading Organisation - Central London
One of the UK's most successful companies of the 21st century are in search of a Linux Systems Administrator This company has recently recorded record monthly visits to their website of 142 million!
The Linux Systems Administrator will be a part of a friendly, sociable operations team, currently consisting of 14 people, who are responsible for running and maintaining the operating environment that supports this record-breaking, high-traffic website with an impressive up-time of 99.99%!!
The Operations Team work very closely with the Development teams and they're looking for the Linux Systems Administrator to handle mandatory upgrades that they have to do each year - one with elastic search and the other with Kafka but using Puppet (manifests Hiera, puppet modules + Good Linux Skills).
The Linux Systems Administrator will have experience with the following:
- Linux Systems Administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux / Centos 6).
- Strong knowledge of Puppet with Hiera (manifests / modules)
- Knowledge and experience of Elasticsearch AND/OR Kafka (Or Vice Versa)
- Demonstrable experience working on upgrade projects
- Good experience writing clean and clear documentation!
- Ability to work within a friendly, knowledgeable and sociable team
In terms of team morale and atmosphere, you'll be hard pressed to find a more sociable, friendly and welcoming bunch anywhere else in London.
It's a real family environment with the rare mix of cutting-edge tech and down to earth, ego-less people! If this is something that sounds of interest, please send your CV across for review.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.