Head of Technology Operations
Head of Technology Operations - UK's Top 10 Most Visited Website
This well-known website that receive up to 100 million visits per month are outright leaders in their field and are in search of a Head of Technical Operations to run a sociable, hardworking and innovative Operations team who are responsible for the 24/7, 365-day upkeep of the website.
A large part of the role will be planning and eventually spearheading the move from their bare metal data centre server estate to the cloud.
This world-renowned company are astonishingly profitable and feature on the FTSE 100; they're also a frequent advertiser on television, billboards and the London Underground. There is and has always been a strong family feel to the entire company whose technology hub is located at recently modified 5 storey offices in the heart of Soho, featuring a large, open plan kitchen with two table tennis tables, a pool table, several indoor picnic benches for social lunches or informal meetings. Whether you're having a strum of one of the guitars or having a bash at the PS4/X-Box, you'll be sure to be sitting on the uber-comfy chairs!
The Head of Technology Operations is required to have the following experience . . .
- Reporting into the CTO, this hire MUST have experience of managing managers across multiple disciplines, working for a business where the website receives a large amount of traffic per day.
- Experience of taking a large bare metal/datacentre server estate to the cloud for a reputable organisation as well as historical (ideally 3-4 years) experience of more traditional DC implementations
- The Head of Technology Operations must be a strong people leader who has led a team through times of change and has established good operating structures to achieve the needs of the business
- Will have a pragmatic approach and a good appreciation of the current state of their infrastructure and its legacy tech.
- Candidate must have the ability to get his/her hands "dirty" if necessary and be able to more than hold their own technically and command the respect of the team.
- Working closely with Architecture and Engineering to develop a shared technology roadmap that supports business goals and ensures operational resilience
What's in it for you?
- You will manage a fantastically switched-on and cooperative team of 14 people (Operations Engineers, DBAs, Project Coordinator)
- The opportunity to move a strong brand name's infrastructure to the cloud, not to mention being largely responsible for the running of a high-traffic website, this could be a huge highlight for your CV!
- Ensuring constant up-time of a popular, well known FTSE 100 website
- Working alongside like-minded "Heads Of" in a relaxed, fun but collaborative environment
Great 6% pension contribution, private healthcare (+family), bike to work, free fruit/tea/coffee, summer and Christmas parties within a dress down environment.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.