A world leader in global data and analytics are in the search of a DevOps Architect to join their team in London. The company has recently achieved Innovation and Global Excellence awards based on their use of advanced data and analytics to provide a platform enabling business to build and protect trusted relationships with customers.
The DevOps Architect will stand as a technical leader across globally distributed Site Reliability and Software Engineering teams, making key decisions on the technical direction and tooling used to ensure operational alignment globally.
- Technical lead/architect experience in a DevOps environment in mid to enterprise scale cloud businesses
- A strong technical background leading DevOps/Site Reliability and Engineering teams across globally distributed locations.
- MUST have managed infrastructure at scale (100's of Developers and multiple microservices)
- Excellent knowledge of immutable infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Deployment
- Deep understanding of modern DevOps platforms and technologies - including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS
- Have experience driving technical strategy across globally distributed teams
- A global vision and drive for Developer efficiency across a large business with huge growth potential
- You will be a passionate technologist who is excited about automation and engineering, and building future proof production reliable platforms, ensuring operational excellence is met throughout.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global team of down to earth yet technologically passionate people. You will likely travel up to three times per year to other global office locations inside and outside of Europe to visit the team beneath you. (Outside of Covid-19), however, this hire must be BASED in the UK and there will be a fair amount of remote working from home.
You will of course have excellent communication skills and be highly organised with the ability to drive the right discipline within the team and be able to create direction and drive delivery in a complex environment with conflicting priorities.
Working across geographically distributed teams, it is imperative that you have the ability to effectively liaise with those from different countries and cultures whilst maintaining strong individual drive but also being a strong team player who will support a large number of people across the organisation.
Benefits include an annual bonus of up to 25% plus a car allowance taken as cash (c£4,000) along with good pension, healthcare and other standard benefits.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.