Systems Engineer | Manchester City Centre | £50,000 to £60,000
Love sport, love technology? Increasingly, sports teams and broadcasters are embracing data science and machine learning as they seek to better understand, and present, sporting events. The potential is mouth-watering, but it takes a seriously smart, well-backed team to make a lasting impact.
What if I told you there was a company - new to Manchester - doing just that?
With established technology hubs in the US & mainland Europe they've already created some terrific partnerships with major sports franchises in the USA. Their stellar client base has expanded in 2019 with the addition of a sports league based in England. You've probably heard of it. The data & insights collected will be used by individual teams and broadcasters alike.
This is where you come in. You're a multifaceted systems engineer and you love to fix things. You have ideas when it comes to enhancing scalability and fault tolerance. You understand code, and if it's buggy or broken, you can either rewrite it yourself or identify the right person for the job. You'll be working in a live broadcast environment so you'll be calm & decisive under pressure.
It's an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of something really, really big. A team looking to take over the world, one league at a time.
You'll need SOME of the following:
- Linux/Windows system administration experience.
- A broad understanding of at least one major programming language.(Python/Go/Node/Java/PHP etc).
- Experience with a source control tool, preferably Git.
- Exposure to embedded software systems would be a plus!
- ELK stack.
- A willingness to document and share knowledge.
- Good communication skills - you'll be working across a multi-site team spanning the US & Europe.
- A flexible approach. This is a broadcast environment and far from your typical 9 to 5.
What else is on offer?
- Private healthcare.
- Personal development budget & support with transport costs.
- Share options.
- Much more still to come!
Interested? Click Apply and John from Burns Sheehan will be in touch. No current CV? No problem. We can run through the role and if it sounds tempting you can work on it later.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.