Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer (Python)
This well known retail giant are in search of a Site Reliability Engineer to take full ownership of their infrastructure and eventually take the business through a migration to Azure.
Typical Day to Day Tasks will include:
- Deep dives into existing code stacks and supporting existing DevOps teams
- Suggesting better models, processes and providing tools to be able to action these
- Helping to build SLO framework to standardise for teams to use
- Possess the awareness of what things/processes/ways of working should be like and then have the "technical chops" to build out the frameworks.
The Site Reliability Engineer is required to have the following skills/experience
- Good command of Python - this is the main thing that candidates will have to have in their armoury, mainly based on what has already been implemented, this is important.
- If someone does have vast experience with Ruby or Pearl for example, and willingness to migrate to Python quickly, this may be doable.
- Practical and integration level tooling and frameworks for developers/engineers.
- Good experience using Terraform
- Exposre to idally both AWS and Azure but either is fine
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes would be useful but not absolutely essential
- Shares on joining
- Bonus of between 15-20%
- Excellent pension scheme and healthcare
- Currently all remote working with the choice to go into the offices in Central London of Hertfordshire in "non-pandemic" times, although if you'd prefer to be 90% remote that's fine, too. You'd just need to head in for meetings.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.