Senior DevOps Engineer, App Greenfield Projects - Mayfair
Senior DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Lead DevOps Engineer, DevOps Lead, DevOps Manager
Recently receiving £60 million in series B investment, an ever-rising 13 million customer visits per month and 200 people globally; this ground-breaking, interactive and multi-featured travel website is in search of a Senior DevOps Engineer to work closely with the experienced VP of Engineering to play a pivotal and vital part in implementing a DevOps culture at their stunning, brand new offices in London's West End.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be required to make a number of key and exciting decisions in deciding what the future tooling and stack will be, whilst also entering into hiring at least two more DevOps Engineers initially. This is also a great opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to be instrumental in building an engineering team from the ground up and deciding on culture, delivery and how it functions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- The Senior DevOps Engineer will require strong working knowledge of AWS
- It would also be beneficial if the Senior DevOps Engineer comes from an environment where GCP (Google Cloud Platform) has been utilised or at least part of a POC.
- Knowledge of Docker and one or more orchestration engines such as Kubernetes or ECS will be required.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer should have experience of working with and/or towards a microservices architecture
What the Senior DevOps Engineer will be doing in the first few months:
- Be the champion and go-to person for DevOps principles within the team
- Choosing tooling that will be used across three new teams for CI/CD pipelines
- Configuring and setting up an infrastructure to support teams
- Leading and participating in Agile meetings and ensuring work is delivered to deadlines
With close to 1 million users already using the App, this business was recently earmarked as being one of the top five tech businesses to watch out for in 2018 by a reputable magazine. This opportunity represents a career-defining chance for a Senior DevOps Engineer to really stamp his or her mark on the technological direction of a business that everyone is going to be talking about in the future.
They're in the process of reforming their benefits package that already includes standard pension, flexible working, health-care, monthly team outings, summer and winter parties.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.