Platform Engineer (Remote options)
We're looking for the best and brightest developers and Platform Engineers to join a rapidly expanding and tech-led subscription service based in West London. The business is on a mission to disrupt the FoodTech industry through a subscription service that aims to refine our relationship with food-waste and how we consume. This is a Platform Engineer role where the code that you will be writing will power every aspect of their business from powering their e-commerce experience to the genetic algorithms used in their warehouses.
As a Platform Engineer you will be taking their technology platform to the next level, enhancing their automated deployment pipelines, and improving their monitoring and alerting capabilities. The team have substantial and exciting plans in their roadmap that you will be taking a fundamental role in delivering. Included in this is introducing a greenfield containerisation platform with a heavy focus on improving the platform's capability, stability and performance.
Tech Stack: AWS, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, ECS, Docker, Python, Bash.
The requirements for the role of Platform Engineer are:
- Coding and development background
- Good understanding of AWS
- Scripting knowledge (Python or Bash)
- Experience of containerisation technologies (e.g ECS, Docker Swarm, Nomad, Kubernetes)
Please consider the above as a solid guideline but don't hesitate to apply if you feel like you may not meet every requirement.
The company really embraces flexible and remote working. They judge performance by your impact and not the number of hours you spend at your desk. All team members must be present (in person or digitally) for the morning stand up but otherwise the hours around this are flexible. They also offer several remote working options, although this is not a fully remote position, this can be a semi-remote role if that is how you work best.
Other company benefits as a member of their platform team are:
- "Tech 10%" - Use every other Friday to work on your own projects and sharpen your skills for personal development
- Social Culture - They have an end of week party (free wine, beers and soft-drinks), quarterly team socials (Go-Karting, Axe-Throwing), and company socials (summer and Christmas parties)
- As a food-based company, expect the works when it comes to snacks and drinks, as well as free trials of the subscription product.
If this sounds like a role that you would be interested in, please don't hesitate to apply!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.