This world renowned start up are looking for a NOC Engineer who is genuinely interested in Infrastructure and Open Source technologies (AWS, RedHat, CentOS, and Ubuntu) to join this impressive, tech-led business in the City. This is a good opportunity for perhaps a Linux Systems Administrator / Systems Engineer who is looking for a world class start up to help develop his/her career. You will joining the team at a really exciting time in their evolution as a business and will be one of the founding team members in establishing the NOC.
The role has come about due to promotion within the team into DevOps and Infrastructure Engineering positions.
You will be joining a company who are ahead of the curve when it comes to technology, always looking at best practices with a large emphasis on training and mentoring internally. Not only will you be exposed to the most up to date, bleeding-edge technologies, you will be working with some of the most technologically savvy but down to earth and friendly Engineers in today's market! Based at their new, modern and attractive offices located in the City of London, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and career within an ambitious and growing team of techies at a company determined to remain the market leader.
The NOC Engineer will be expected to perform the following:
- Monitoring and initial response of all network and server related issues across there UK datacentre infrastructure.
- Provide support services for technical teams these result in a highly diverse range of duties for the NOC.
The NOC Engineer will be required to possess the following skills:
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with at least one automation tool (Salt Stack, Puppet, Ansible or similar)
- Proven experience with monitoring tools like Nagios or Zabbix
- Strong Networking experience (L2/L3 Networks, Firewalls and TCP/IP)
An appreciation and a keen interest in cloud platforms such as AWS would be seen as highly advantageous.
If you're a NOC Engineer and you think you match the requirements? Please send your CV to find out more.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.