Lead DevOps Engineer - Greenfield Work, AWS, Python, Kubernetes
Lead DevOps Engineer, DevOps Engineer, AWS, Python, Kubernetes
A new and exciting opportunity for a Lead DevOps Engineer to join a growing team at an industry-defining, B-Corp certified and tech-led renewable energy company. This is a rare opportunity for a Lead DevOps Engineer to be at the forefront of a period of rapid expansion. As the first DevOps hire, this is a exceptional chance to shape and establish the DevOps culture. As a Lead DevOps Engineer, you will play a significant role in the renewable energy revolution.
Put simply, being a B-Corp means that they meet the highest standards of social performance, environmental good and accountability. The company are going from strength to strength and have signed up over 600k customers to their vision with plans to reach 1 million by the end of the year.
They want to establish a new DevOps team that identify with the goals of the company. In return they offer an excellent competitive salary and benefit package including three months paid maternity and paternity leave! Plus, instant share offerings on joining and a £1,500 personal development budget.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will work on project-based sprints within integrated teams using all the best bits of agile following the 'Spotify' model. This means that you can expect to deliver a range of features and constantly face new challenges.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be:
- Pushing for on-going improvement as well as being passionate about infrastructure and delivery
- Contributing to and assessing new innovations and ideas to meet short and long-term goals
- Creating robust and scalable multi-region solutions to accommodate their growing user base
- Working closely with developers to ensure a principled approach to delivering change in a safe and secure way
- Working closely with developers in order to ensure a principled approach to delivering change securely
Requirements for the Lead DevOps Engineer:
- Kubernetes expertise
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience working commercially on a cloud platform such as AWS or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Containerisation experience is a bonus (preferably Docker)
- Understanding of traditional ops areas such as: Linux, Disk I/O, Networking, VPNs
- Very competitive pay + bonus
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Shares are on offer to all permanent colleagues with 100% worth of the shares vest immediately
- 25 days holiday
- 3 months full pay for maternity and paternity leave.
- £1,500 personal budget for development (can be used for a skydive if you wish)
- Coffee, tea and fruit every day.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.