Lead DevOps Engineer - Greenfield projects + 30% bonus
Tired of being a cog? This could be the change you are looking for! This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join a rapidly growing, cutting edge team at an industry-defining, B-Corp certified and tech-led renewable energy company. This is a rare opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer to take a lead role in the digital transformation of one of the UK's leading energy providers. You will be the first DevOps hire, with the mind-set to grow a team around you. You will shape and establish the DevOps culture, working closely with the CTO and Head of Platforms to set the tone of their technology going forward.
Put simply, being a B-Corp means that they meet the highest standards of social performance, environmental good and accountability. The company are going from strength to strength and have signed up around 750k customers to their vision with plans to reach 1 million by the end of the year.
You will establish a new DevOps team that identify with the goals of the company. In return they offer an excellent competitive salary and benefit package including three months paid maternity and paternity leave and instant share offerings on joining and a £1,500 personal development budget annually.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will work on project-based sprints within integrated teams using all the best bits of agile following the 'Spotify' model. This means that you can expect to deliver a range of features and constantly face new challenges.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer, you will be:
- Pushing for on-going improvement as well as being passionate about infrastructure and delivery
- Contributing to and assessing new innovations and ideas to meet short and long-term goals
- Creating robust and scalable multi-region solutions to accommodate their growing user base
- Working closely with developers to ensure a principled approach to delivering change in a safe and secure way
- Working closely with developers in order to ensure a principled approach to delivering change securely
Please apply if you have the following:
- Commercial Kubernetes exposure
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Strong Python scripting
- Experience working commercially on a cloud platform such as AWS or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Understanding of traditional ops areas such as: Linux, Disk I/O, Networking, VPNs
Nice to have:
- Any previous experience in a management position as a Senior or Lead
- Very competitive pay + bonus
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Shares are on offer to all permanent colleagues with 100% worth of the shares vest immediately
- 25 days holiday
- 3 months full pay for maternity and paternity leave.
- £1,500 personal budget for development (can be used for a skydive if you wish)
- Importantly, FREE Coffee, tea and fruit every day.
If this role appeals, please get in touch! Apply directly, email me at email@example.com or call on 02032061944.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.