Head of Infrastructure
Head of Infrastructure
**the offices are in Central London although this role will be largely remote and only very occasional office work will be required**
We're working closely with a game changing Health Tech Scale Up who're currently servicing and supporting the private and public (NHS) sectors via their ground-breaking App/Desktop doctor/patient video service. The business has boomed during and since the pandemic. A recent IPO has raised approximately £50 million to fuel their growth plans in the UK, as well as to expand into new international markets.
The Head of Infrastructure will come in and lead a small, friendly and sociable team, currently consisting of 4 people, supporting the development team through knowledge of whether to use Azure cloud artefacts or Docker containers to solve their infrastructure problems. The Head of Infrastructure will ideally have Microsoft Azure platform experience along with management/leadership qualities.
The Head of Infrastructure will be required to have the following skills/experience:
- Expertise in delivering infrastructure and supporting services with Azure (ideally), AWS or GCP
- Working as part of a cross-functional product development group, you should be comfortable leading and motivating (remote & local) highly talented teams ensuring that modern technology and process are implemented.
- Proven background leading similarly experienced Infrastructure or DevOps teams delivering high performance; highly available and resilient applications and infrastructures.
- You should be experienced in working with and presenting to senior management leadership.
- Strong agile development background and history of building teams to work in highly agile; cross-functional environments.
- Good people and line management skills and the ability to recruit and develop a high performing team.
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in automated; agile environments delivering infrastructure; monitoring and tooling to high-traffic web applications.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Infrastructure and related technologies.
- A strong passion for infrastructure as code and associated automation and provisioning tools.
The company has grown significantly since its inception and are looking for good people with good strong values from various backgrounds. Cultural fit is at the forefront of this company with them showing a key desire to offer equal development opportunities to all whilst working on extremely versatile work streams.
This is a great time to join a flourishing business offering a service that helps people every day! Tech-for-good is great for those who want to feel good about the job they're working in.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.