DevOps Engineer - (£70,000 - £85,000)
We are working with one of the biggest names in eCommerce to build a global cross-national DevOps team. They've achieved market-leader status and after a recent acquisition of over £1bn they are now aiming to accelerate their global growth. This company attracts over 80 million users per month to their platform which integrates with over 2000 partners. As a DevOps Engineer, you can expect to face challenges of exceptional scale and complexity here in a distributed system environment.
This is a brand-new DevOps team where you will be at the forefront of an engineering culture change and work on several high profiles and exciting challenges across their platform.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be collaborating with other tribes and share your deep understanding of your services and domain and empowering the product developers to run their high-scale services and data processing workloads on their platforms in an automated, self-service fashion.
- The DevOps team will be focusing on the cloud infrastructure. They run one of the largest installations in AWS. You will be implementing ECS and Kubernetes.
- Scaling their Kafka based data platform that runs across the entire company providing monitoring, alerting real-time log inspections and secure storage of events
- Improve the performance of their existing tech stack end to end
- Improving their CD pipeline and looking for ways to innovate their new features and configuration safely and securely.
- Experience with cloud-native systems and services at scale including open-source
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers (Private/Public)
- Good understanding of Docker, and ideally Kubernetes and/or ECS
- Passion for learning new technologies and adapting to a changing technological ecosystem
- Configuration Management experience; Ansible or Saltstack or Chef or Puppet
- True flexible working environment. Work from your home country for a month per year, adaptable start and finish times.
- Subsidized gym membership and Headspace subscription
- Health and medical insurance
- 10% bonus and stock
This is a very unique opportunity. If you feel like you don't fit all the requirements, please feel free to get in touch with me directly.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.