Application Support/Linux/AWS/DevOps - Manchester
Linux System Administrator/Application Support - DevOps/AWS
Are you an application support engineer that has caught the DevOps/AWS bug?
One of Burns Sheehans best and most friendly clients has opened up an position that will join an ever growing Product team.
You will help the team in supporting the companies well established product team being involved during the implementation and support stages of the client life cycle.
The great thing is that you will become a member of an autonomous, Agile squad working alongside developers, testers, product owners and digital sales teams, managing the business as usual tasks and any client requests in an efficient way.
You need to have good experience working with Linux and you could essentially use this role as a step into DevOps getting work closely with the DevOps engineers and AWS architect. If you are currently an linux system admin looking for development this could be for you.
What they really need is someone with a passion for cloud technologies so you can grow with other like minded people around.
The most important thing about this role and the business is your drive and determination to succeed and learn.
You will have:
- Customer facing experience in technical environments
- Experience of supporting a SaaS delivery model for technical services
- Solid experience of web technologies
- Confidence working with customers within all levels / industries
- Highly motivated and hardworking with ability to think clearly in a fast-paced company
- AWS technical experience is essential
- A degree in Computer Science / IT related subject which involved hands on experience with programming and software engineering principles.
- High performance and high availability systems are our speciality therefore some experience in these areas would be advantageous.
- Interest in Agile methodologies
Now its not all just work work work. the position comes with a competitive salary and chances of exposure to great tech. On top of this is a flexible working scheme, social events, career progression paths, lunch and learn, voice is heard plan, life assurance, childcare vouchers, 25 days holidays plus bank, free food and flexible working plans.
Squad trips to local bars and pizza places in Manchester is also a common trend.
Does this sound like the type of role and company for you?
Then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.