Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager - Distributed platform processing billions of tasks in real-time | Profitable scale-up with large new funding
Up to £100,000 per annum plus stock options
Are you interested in being a Software Engineering Manager for a team that is building a platform which process billions of tasks in real-time?
We have partnered with a rapidly expanding and established start-up who are on a mission to automate everything! This hugely successful company are already profitable with an enviable client list and recently closed significant funding to help them scale their operation further. They are looking for a Software Engineering Manager with experience of leading a team building large-scale, highly-available, distributed systems.
Founded by friends from University and based in Shoreditch they have grown to 35 technologists and are looking to double in size by the end of the year. In brief, through a simple, visual work-flow builder, users can connect all of the independent software services without writing a single line of code. They have created a product with the power and flexibility to process billions of unique events in real-time using distributed systems, combining modern, functional, reactive and asynchronous programming techniques.
The Role - Software Engineering Manager:
The company infrastructure processes millions of requests per day and is a vital part of their customers' businesses. As Software Engineering Manager working within the Platform teams you'll be responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin their large-scale, real-time, distributed infrastructure.
The Platform teams are responsible for providing a production environment where connectors integrations and automations can run reliably and at scale. This involves building the infrastructure and APIs that expose these services.
As Software Engineering Manager, your focus will be on helping each member with their personal and professional development - Listening, guiding and celebrating their successes. You may also help drive technical initiatives in partnership with senior engineers across multiple teams - You will play a key role in shaping the platform, so that their customers can successfully run integrations at scale, and ensuring the infrastructure is performant, robust and secure.
That said, your primary role as Software Engineering Manager is to lead and develop your wonderful team - taking care of hiring, on-boarding, mentoring, coaching, career development and performance management.
The Responsibilities - Software Engineering Manager:
- Build an engineering organisation that can make a success of rapid growth.
- Supporting, coaching and developing high performing engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with team leads.
- Working closely with the talent team to attract and hire high potential team members from diverse backgrounds.
- Contributing to management best practices: helping them to become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated people that they want to hire.
- Partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve their engineering practices.
- Partnering with tech leads and product managers to ensure delivery squads are properly staffed and able to be highly effective.
- Get involved in product decisions, and balancing technical requirements with customer needs.
Tech Stack: Scala, Python and Go. AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, AWS Lambda to Elastic Search clusters. You don't need to be an expert in Scala, Go or Python but you should be comfortable coding in at least one mainstream language even if it's not listed here.
They will want to work with Software Engineering Managers who:
- Have in-depth understanding of designing, building and implementing distributed systems.
- Knowledge of IaaS or PaaS products.
- Have a passion for growing, leading, guiding software engineers to be the best they can be
Software Engineering Managers will want to work with them who:
- Love building products that focus on challenges of scale and performance.
- Thrive in working with amazing colleagues and helping to shape their careers.
- Want to be part of an exciting journey where cutting-edge tech, talented people and ambition combine.
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented Software Engineering Manager to join a growing, profitable business and help shape the engineering team and product. Please reply with your CV or call Simon Evans on 020 3206 1943.
Software Engineering Manager - Distributed platform processing billions of tasks in real-time | Profitable scale-up with significant Series B funding | Python, Scala, Go | Leading and Improving High Performing Engineers
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.