Software Engineer / Manchester / mid level up to senior/lead / £45,000 - £65,000
(remote interview & onboarding)
- Applicants from a wide range of technical backgrounds welcome: C#, Java, Go, Node...
Are you a natural problem solver? Looking for an environment where you will learn new skills, work on important projects and get to dabble with the latest tech?
There are lots of software consultancies in Manchester looking for developers and engineers
Not all of them are like this one.
They have a roster of clients in Greater Manchester which includes household name brands, government departments, and some of the most exciting tech-led organisations in the UK.
Their software engineering discipline is home to some of the region's best and brightest technologists. They push their clients to embrace best practice and current technologies. Engineers are encouraged to become as well rounded as possible.
This is an opportunity to push yourself, sharpen your skills and learn new ones. Fancy cross training from Java to Go? Want to pick up some AWS or Kubernetes certifications? They will help you do it. This is a business where you'll have the option to make a key contribution to a massive multi-year project, or skip to a new one if it catches your eye. And you'll be working alongside some of the UK's most accomplished cloud specialists, software developers and technology leads.
Enough about them, what about you?
- Proven commercial experience within software engineering, ideally three years plus
- Deep knowledge of engineering 'best' practice; SOLID, OOP, TDD/BDD, etc
- Some exposure to one of the main cloud providers (AWS/Azure/GCP) would be really useful.
- An awareness of where you sit within the full SDLC - build tools, CI/CD, containerisation
Salary is flexible and reflective of your background, skills & potential. As with most modern businesses you'll also enjoy flexible working and a full suite of benefits.
- Salary in line with skills & experience.
- Annual bonus pot.
- Private health care.
- Lots of other benefits.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.