Senior Unity Developer
We are currently looking for Senior Unity Developer/Lead Engineer to join a growing organisation who have just received a healthy level of investment to help them to continue growing the products and brand.
Based in their new Sheffield base, this is a prime opportunity to get in on the ground floor as we expand our UK development team.
You will be the first hire in a Senior development role with a view to being the teams Technical Team Leader. You will build and lead a team developing cinema quality assets for a Unity-based real-world simulator aimed at the production of training data for neural network training (pretty high tech from the outside but I have more to tell).
The team will be responsible for the development of assets including the creation of character animations and the automation of asset production. They will also be responsible for the simulator visual quality.
We are looking for some commercial working experience in the following;
- A comprehensive knowledge of 3D graphics and animation tools such as blender or 3D Studio
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Unity Editor, especially the HDRP
- Strong C# and .NET scripting skills for Unity
- Experience creating high quality animation sequences using Mocap and IK
- Good oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and team management skills
- Experience creating custom shaders for Unity
- Familiarity with the use of GIT (incl. GIT LFS) for unity projects
What will I be doing day to day?
- The team will acquire or create assets for a large-scale simulation environment and provision them to conform to the requirements of the simulator API.
- Acquire or create human character assets and develop high quality animations into linkable sequences.
- Develop user-facing scriptable tools for linking and sequencing animations at run time.
- Develop tools to automate all aspects of asset production.
- Maintain the visual quality of assets in the simulator.
- Create development plans for the work of the team, establish and run agile and track the execution of the design work to the plan
- Report development progress to management.
This will be a chance for you to really grow out a development team from the ground up with close interaction to stakeholders and the wider business. Your ideas will be key in helping to build not only the products but the culture of the team, the way they work and how it will continue to grow in the future.
The role comes with a good competitive salary, share options and the chance to be an instrumental part of a company. The business already has good development programs in place, with the development teams getting 2 weeks off a year as training and development options with idea's going towards helping to continue the growth of the products.
Interested in finding out more?
Either click apply or send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.