Senior Scala Developer | Play | Akka | Kafka | London
Senior Scala Developer | £70,000 - £100,000 | London | Play | Akka | Kafka
You will need strong development skills to work on and improve our Scala-based services, and have a focus on appropriate architectural design and consideration to ensure all aspects are appropriate to meet the business need. You will be responsible for all backend services relating to the Content platform, and be able to collaborate effectively with other team members, understanding that quality code is a shared responsibility. They'll provide you a brand new mac, as many screens as you need, the tools you want and the flexible working that suits you, if you bring the brainpower and dedication to make them even better.
To top it all off, their office is light and airy with loads of break-out spaces, a continual supply of fresh fruit, pool and table-tennis tables, and as much quality coffee as you can consume from their Italian coffee machine.
The ideal candidate needs to have:
- Excellent Functional Design and Functional Programming skills
- Core skills in key supporting technologies such as AKKA
- Proven experience working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, performant and high quality products
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of SaaS (Software as a Service) environments
- Exposure to RESTful web APIs and a service oriented architecture
- Experience in Linux environments, Shell scripting etc.
- Working with XML and JSON including parsing, asserting / matching and extracting
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments and build tools, including Jenkins, Maven, Gradle and Ant
- Experience with with messaging systems such as RabbitMQ and Amazon SQS.
If you like the sound of this role APPLY NOW or email me at email@example.com
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.