Senior Python Developer
Senior Python Developer - Django framework
We're working closely with a world renowned engineering company who've just established a start-up type team as part of their Manchester expansion. The team are working on a product with Geographical Information Systems to analyse real time Geo-spatial and environmental data, then utilising Machine Learning to analyse and make predictions to improve the efficiency of building fast growing cities and towns, making them cleaner, greener and safer.
Future projects looking at augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and smart software for homes and hospitals are looking for a passionate developer with a drive to be challenged. You'd be joining a team of brilliant and creative minds in a new build office in central Manchester, customised to the team's needs. You'd have the opportunity to showcase your Python and Django expertise whilst learning new skills and sharing your knowledge with Junior Developers.
You'll be able to get involved with:
- Coding / development work
- Technical software design for bespoke solutions and integration
- Liaising with off-shore development teams.
- Mentoring on-shore junior developers.
- Support with the development and securing of projects and some client interaction during delivery.
- Supporting delivery and improving software development life cycle and processes.
- Responsibilities of this role include to an anticipated SIFA Level 3.
If this sounds like you:
- Experience with open-source software development technologies such as; Python (essential), Django, PostgreSQL, HTML / JS / CSS
- A good working knowledge of best development practices, such as API's, microservices and containers
- Experience with test driven development and version control using GIT
- An appreciation of robust and modern commercial development practices
- An enthusiasm to learn and adapt quickly
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate deeply technical concepts to non-technical audiences
With a little bit of this:
- Experience in DevOps and full stack web development
- A background in software development for GIS or other scientific applications
- Commercial experience with modern JS platforms and frameworks, such as React
- An interest in data science and Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of other languages and platforms is a plus (e.g. Java)
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of Bitbucket
- A degree in a computer science or related subject
And you want to learn more and talk tech, contact Beth at Burns Sheehan
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.