Senior Java Developer - Distributed Systems @ Scale
Senior Java Developer - Java | AWS | Distributed Systems @ Scale | Flexible Working Environment
Are you a highly talented Java Developer with in-depth knowledge of Java and expertise in distributed systems?
Do you enjoy working on large-scale, complex problems and building highly scalable solutions?
Do you like working in an environment where you have the trust and autonomy to make your own technical decisions and enough downtime to stay relaxed?
This is the opportunity for you…
Java Developer - Based in amazing offices in the West End, one of the UK's leading ecommerce businesses is looking for Lead and Senior Java Developers to join their fast-growing London team. Working in tribes and squads they have an engineering culture that fosters trust and autonomy, so each squad can create their own backlog, deploy code when they want and don't have dependencies to deliver.
You will enjoy a range of technical challenges that impact directly on 70 million global users including data engineering, cloud services, developer enablement, scalability, optimisation, machine learning, real time accuracy, building world-class APIs and automation. You can utilise your experience to have direct impact on the growth and development of their product.
The company has firm beliefs of how to engineer their amazing products:
- A clear definition of success for every piece of work.
- They deploy multiple times a day.
- They use design reviews to validate every significant change.
- They deliver our products using our defined technology standards.
- They peer review every change.
- Their Definitions of Done include being live in production… responsibly!
- You build it, you run it.
As a Lead/Senior Java Developer you can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment where there is significant flexibility to offer a rewarding work life balance.
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions.
- Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area.
- You will define and implement services that make up a complex sub system.
- Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles.
- An opportunity to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
What are they looking for from Lead/Senior Java Developers?
- Demonstrable experience as a Java Developer ideally within a highly scalable environment.
- Metrics driven approach to decision making, prioritisation and continuous deployment.
- Use of methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement.
- Comfortable balancing trade offs between technical, analytical and product needs.
- Strong customer focus and a focus on impactful work.
- You make others better through code reviews, documentation, technical guidance and mentoring.
- You will work with or lead within your team to break down solutions into small tasks to be completed autonomously.
- It would be useful to have experience of using Java in large scale systems deployed to AWS.
- Knowledge of a variety of technologies with curiosity for others - Java, Python, .NET, C#, Docker, Elastic Search, AWS (or similar) NoSQL.
What's in it for you?
In addition to the exciting technical challenges and amazing colleagues you will have a working environment that has been created to foster success! As well as all the usual perks such as barista coffee, fizzy & fresh drinks, fresh & dried fruit, veg, hummus and popcorn they provide for all kinds of 'down-time' in the office, including table tennis, pool table, football, xbox, office scooters, relaxation pods and massage chairs.
They also provide for your health with medical insurance, health screening options, gym membership, headspace subscription and an employee assistance programme to support you.
This really is the complete package for any ambitious, talented Java Developer. Please reply with you CV or call Simon Evans for an informal conversation.
Lead/Senior Java Developer - Java | AWS | Distributed Systems @ Scale | Flexible Working Environment
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.