Senior Java Developer - Build your own Dev team here!
Permanent - full time
Since inception in the 1980's, this organisation has upheld a first-rate reputation for providing a service, depth of knowledge and expertise rivalled only by the longest standing heavyweights in the shipbroking sector, whose existence stretches back centuries before this company came to be. Moving into the digital age, with consumers today demanding more and more, at speed, they compete now in a technological race to innovate and advance a slick and efficient - but outdated - shipbroking industry.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join a global brand that has recently embarked on a journey to up-haul their technology capabilities. Working alongside a Technology Director with a proven background of making companies successful via tech across various sectors (including a UK top 10 most visited site) you'll be responsible for:
- The maintenance and build of new functionality/features on a newly built Java web application
- The development of a newly built Database using SQL Server
- Shaping the tech direction for a new tech team you will help to build and lead in time
- At least three years' experience of working with Java web applications in both a business-to-business and business-to-customer context
- Commercial knowledge and experience using the Spring framework and SQL Server
- A willingness to work autonomously as a Java Developer and collaboratively with different stakeholders of the business
Based in one of the most iconic areas of London, their offices are within a 5-minute walking distance from the Bakerloo, Northern, Piccadilly and Circle & District tube lines... If you would like to know more, please apply ASAP!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.