Senior Front End Engineer
Working for a scale-up technology business based in Manchester. Working across a variety of Front End projects, including the migration from legacy technologies to help build responsive UIs in scalable, cloud native formats.
- Based in Manchester City Centre
- Permanent position
- Salary up to £60,000
- Fully remote interview process and onboarding
The technology world seems to move at a lightning pace.
Five years ago, this company created their first range of software products that would help to improve the efficiency of how their target clients do business.
Over that time, they've quickly become a leading name in their industry, winning new business and building tools & new products to help the businesses that they work with.
However, this growth has bought challenges.
One of the challenges is the scalability and efficiency of their systems now that they have an increased user base. As such, they have a number of technology problems to solve and that's why they are committing to a number of key hires in 2020.
One of these hires is for an experienced & senior Front End Developer. The technology that they first used to build the products is no longer the best option and so they are looking at a complete modernisation of their Front End technologies. They are looking for someone with experience across a range of technologies who can help them to define what this journey looks like.
Perhaps this could be the role for you?
Technology stack includes:
- With a complete modernisation program, they are not currently committed to any framework (Vue, React, even Angular).
- All systems will be cloud hosted, containerised, and built using microservices.
What's the environment like?
- You'll be part of a scaling technology business (size less than 50 people).
- You'll be given a voice; freedom and autonomy to make decisions and have a real impact on the direct of the company's journey.
- It's working in a mature agile environment (Scrum), working within a product delivery squad following best development practices.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You'll be working on the new-build and maintenance of the business' front-end systems.
- You'll be involved in greenfield development projects, again using these frameworks.
What will I need to succeed in the role?
The role is suited to;
- Someone who wants to have a voice in the direction of the technology stack.
- Someone who is passionate about solving complex problems and loves building responsive and clean user interfaces.
What next? Please apply and get in touch.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.