Python Software Developer | Django | Manchester
Salary up to £40,000, Professional Subscriptions & comprehensive benefits
A world renowned engineering company who've just established a start-up type team in Manchester. The team are working on a product utilising Geographical Information Systems to analyse Geo-spatial and environmental data, then utilising Machine Learning to analyse and make predictions to improve the efficiency of building fast growing cities and towns using their own high performance computer.
Future projects looking at augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and smart software for homes and hospitals require a passionate developer with a drive to be challenged. You'd be joining a team of brilliant and creative minds in a new build office in central Manchester, customised to the team's needs. You'd have the opportunity to showcase your Python and Django expertise whilst learning new skills and sharing your knowledge with Junior Developers.
You'll be able to get involved with:
- Coding / development work on Project or Platform
- Technical software design for bespoke solutions and integration
- Mentoring junior developers
- Support with the development of new and existing projects.
- Supporting delivery and improving software development lifecycle and processes.
- Responsibilities of this role include to an anticipated SIFA Level 2
If this sounds like you:
- Experience with open-source software development technologies such as; Python, Django, PostgreSQL, HTML / JS / CSS and modern platforms and frameworks, such as React
- Experience with test driven development and version control using git
- An appreciation of robust and modern commercial development practices
- An enthusiasm to learn and adapt quickly
- The ability to work independently or as part of a team
- The ability to understand and communicate technical concepts
With a little bit of this:
- Experience in full stack web development
- Experience of JS framework Vue.js
- Experience with user interface and user experience design would be a bonus
- An interest in data science and Big Data technologies
- Knowledge of other languages and platforms is a plus (e.g. Java)
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of Bitbucket
- A degree in a computer science or related subject is required
Click apply and Beth will be in touch.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.