Principal C++ Engineer
Principal C++ Engineer| Up to £65,000 | York
Are you a Principal C++ Engineer looking for a step into the next level?
Are you someone that likes to look under the hood and work to improve the product and process?
If so, you need to read on!
This is an opportunity to work for a global business but one that hasn't lost it's small business feel. The business has grown organically over the years and now has global offices along with a talented team that is incredibly passionate about what has been built so far.
The role of Principal C++ Engineer is to join the business and firstly look under the hood of the product. You'll be challenged with looking into how the product could get better, if that's by redeveloping it or by making smaller changes along the way. This won't be an overnight job, it will be something which takes time as you will want to deliver a high quality design solution.
You will report directly to the CTO and help them drive the team and technology forward. You'll be working with a team of firmware and software developers to deliver on the company's vision.
The Principal C++ Engineer would be accountable to ensure quality deliverables; performing code reviews to ensure quality of firmware and working hand in hand with the test team to create test plans and test execution.
This role will be seen as an internal "Hero" for the changes they will make to the business
Why you should apply:
- Reports directly to the CTO, can impact real change
- Longer term this role with have significant career opportunities
- Work for a company which has a low staff turnover
- Be part of a talented team
- Be a "Hero"
What we're looking for in this role:
- Proficient in Embedded C, Firmware Design, Linux, Linux Device drivers, real-time OS, Board Support Packages
- Experience in leading embedded software development with designing and validation
- Proficient in programming for embedded systems - Assembly, C and C++
- Experience working on Linux, RTOS, Micro controllers, and other operating systems
- Ability to architect embedded system software and solutions
- Experience in development and testing of device drivers, porting software, re-architecting software
If you would like to learn more get in touch with Chris McGowan asap.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.