.NET Technical Team Leader
Software Team Lead (.NET) | London
Working as a Software Development Team Leader for a development squad in an established technology business. Driving the delivery and project roadmaps for the developers, driving best development practices, and implementing new features into established products.
- Office: City of London
- Permanent position
- Salary: up to £80k basic + bonus + wider benefits package
- Fully remote interview process and onboarding
- Long term flexible working options, 3 days in the office (working from home, flexible hours etc.)
What's the role?
It's working as a Team Lead / Team Manager for a software delivery squad. You will be the lead on software delivery projects, driving a team of developers to produce high quality software products.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You will be managing and leading a software development team which includes senior, mid-level and junior developers, as well as QA and support functions.
- Your main focus will be on delivery and planning of product roadmaps, ensuring the team are well organised and setup to deliver on software build projects.
- You won't be hands on in the code day-to-day, but you will need to understand "what good looks like" and to be able to support, coach and mentor developers at all levels.
- You will be involved in the architectural decisions and will play a key role in new features that will be added.
- You will work to improve delivery and efficiencies within the team, looking at improving ways of working and motivating the team to produce the best results that they can.
Technology stack includes:
The team and business work on a Microsoft Tech Stack and so technologies commonly used are;
- C# .Net
- MySQL SQL
What's the environment like?
- You will be working in a team delivering highly complex software applications.
- Through this you will be exposed to modern application architecture including microservices, UI frameworks, APIs, containers, serverless, CI/CD, DevOps, and object datastores.
- The team follows CI CD best practices, including following TDD and automated testing.
- You will be working as part of a small delivery team, consisting of Senior Developers through to Junior Developers.
What will I need to succeed in the role?
- A strong background in leadership and management in software delivery; perhaps you're an already established team lead or software development manager, or perhaps a tech lead who has good coaching and mentoring experience.
- A background as a developer / engineer, ideally with experience of working on a Microsoft stack. You don't need to be hands on in the code, but you do need to understand how this works.
- Knowledge and passion for implementing best practice; good testing practices, agile project management, the production of clean, robust code. You need to understand what good looks like and to be able to implement this within the team.
Either click apply or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.