Working as a Lead Engineer in an agile, software development team. Working on a MERN Stack, you will lead the team by making technical decisions and will support Senior, Mid-level and Junior Developers in the production of clean, robust, and scalable code.
- Office: Manchester City Centre
- Permanent position
- Salary: up to £65k basic + wider benefits package
- Fully remote interview and onboarding
- Long term flexible working options (working from home, flexible hours etc.)
What's the role?
It's working as a Lead Software Developer / Engineer for a fast-growing SaaS platform based in the North West. The business provides a range of technologies to large brands at an international level.
Technology stack includes:
- React / Redux
- Serverless Framework
What's the environment like?
- You will be working in a team delivering highly complex cloud-native applications.
- Through this you will be exposed to modern distributed web application architecture including microservices, UI frameworks, APIs, containers, serverless, CI/CD, DevOps, and object datastores.
- The team follows CI CD best practices, including TDD and automated testing.
- You will be working as part of a small delivery team, consisting of Senior Developers through to Junior Developers.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You will be the Lead Engineer within a product delivery team.
- You will run daily stand-ups, help to manage sprint planning and will run the executions and retros.
- Working with the wider team, you'll bring together developers and testers to ensure that all projects are delivered to the highest quality.
- As the lead developer in the team, you'll make day-to-day decisions on the implementations of features. You'll work with the Lead Architect to follow the framework, but you'll have a voice in this at all stages.
- You'll support less experienced developers with their workload and will take responsibility for pulling and running code reviews.
What will I need to succeed in the role?
- A strong background in software engineering with experience of working in a Senior or Lead Development role.
- You will either have direct leadership experience, or the passion and willingness to step into a leadership position.
What next? Please apply and get in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Tom on 0161 249 7152or email@example.com.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.