Lead Software Engineer | C# .NET | Central Manchester
Lead Software Engineer | C# .Net Developer | Central Manchester
- Based in Central Manchester
- Permanent position
- Working on a Microsoft technology stack
Technology stack includes:
- SQL Server
What's the environment like?
- You'll be working in an agile product team, supported by various functions (DevOps, Architecture, Design, Support etc.).
- You'll be following a TDD approach.
- You'll be surrounded by developers using SOLID principles, again driving best development practices.
- You'll be in an agile environment, following Scrum.
- You'll have the opportunity to help drive best working practice across the tea.
- You'll have access to online learning courses and a training budget to improve your skills.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You'll drive best-practice solutions; engineering solutions to problems and then planning the best ways to execute these in development.
- You'll support junior, mid, and senior developers in driving best practice.
- You'll be involved in paired programming and code reviews.
- You'll be working as part of the team to come up with solutions to decide on the best technical approach
- You'll work on delivering high-quality software using clean, robust and maintainable code.
- You'll take ownership for your own workload as agreed in the sprints.
- Define your own development; you'll take ownership of your training and workload to grow your career. This may either be through progression into management, into architecture, or simply to improve as a developer.
What will I need to succeed in the role?
- A strong background as a software engineer / software developer, with significant exposure to Microsoft technologies.
- A strong competence of writing solutions in the latest versions of C# and .Net
- To understand best practice; following good design patterns (SOLID), strong knowledge of OOP and experience of delivering software in an agile environment
- To have experience of working with database systems, particularly in their design.
Nice to haves?
- You'll be delivering cloud based software, so exposure to cloud solutions would be a benefit.
- You'll be using CI/CD and automation tools so exposure to any relevant technology in this area is a big advantage.
- You and the team will be following TDD, so a good understanding and working experience of following test driven development is a significant advantage.
What next? Please apply and get in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Tom on 0161 249 7152or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.