Java Developer - Java 11 | Google Cloud Platform | Massive Data Sets
Up to £85,000 per annum plus 10% bonus
Are you a Java Developer with a passion for data and/or machine learning?
As a Java Developer have you solved challenges of scale and performance in highly distributed, event-driven environments?
Do you want to work for prestigious global tech company with great career prospects?
Based in iconic offices in Central London, this is an amazing opportunity for exceptional Java Developers to join the team building one of the most prestigious online gaming platforms. The platform is used by nearly 25 million players across 100s of games - You will work with massive data sets while learning and using the latest technology on a large-scale and very fast, leading-edge platform. As a Java Developer you will be working in cross-functional Agile teams developing new data pipelines and data-driven services on the Google Cloud Platform using some great tech. New products are being built in Java 11 and they have a huge amount of investment to build new products/platforms in the latest technology.
The Tech Stack includes:
- Java 8 and Java 11
- Scala and Python
- GCP and AWS
- Kafka, Dataflow, Airflow
- BigQuery, MongoDB and CouchDB
You DO NOT need to know all these technologies - All you need is to be a great Java Developer with a passion for learning!
As a Java Developer you will be expected to:
- Solve challenging technical problems based around highly distributed, event-driven platforms.
- Build distributed Google applications using Java 8 and Java 11.
- Develop pipelines for the new Data Platform.
- Write clear, efficient, tested code.
- Contributing to code reviews and solution design.
- Contribute to evolution of standards and design patterns.
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team.
This is an amazing opportunity for Java Developers with a passion for the latest tech and large volumes of data to join an established company on the next chapter of their growth. Please reply with your CV or call Simon Evans for an informal chat.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.