Java Developer - New Greenfield Products | Top UK Website
Java Developer - Building Brand New Services for One of the UK's Leading Websites
Java | Spring Boot | REST APIs | Microservices | Kafka | AWS/GCP | Docker | Kubernetes
Up to £80,000 per annum plus benefits
Are you a Senior Java Developer who is more than just a good coder, thriving on pushing software engineering excellence within your team and the wider engineering community?
As a Senior Java Developer with a passion for building exceptional products, are you excited to influence the evolution of one of the UK's most visited websites?
If so, then this is the opportunity you wished the New Year to bring…
Senior Java Developer - We are working with one of the UK's most prestigious technology companies with one of the most visited websites as they continue to evolve and dominate their market. They are growing their engineering team to as they build services for two new markets as well as building out their existing services following a record-breaking year in 2020. The engineering function is split into cross-functional, product teams which follow the customer journey, adding value to the user.
What will a Senior Java Developer do?
- Senior Java Developer will be responsible for delivering high-quality software that will be deployed frequently and safely into production. This will include leading on the design and build of new features using Java in a microservices architecture, as well as the evolution of the tech stack to drive microservices, Cloud-Native solutions and the adoption of Kubernetes.
- You will help shape the way they use and adopt technologies and practices, with a modern engineering mindset. You advocate test automation and have a clear view of where to make the best use of it.
- You will be comfortable working in autonomous cross-functional teams in an Agile environment, collaborate with other teams to ensure the delivery of quality solutions that satisfy millions of users.
- Senior Java Developers will be responsible for defining solutions to business and technical problems in a way which ensures maintainability, scalability and high performance standards.
Who is a Senior Java Developer?
- A Senior Java Developer is a strong coder with in-depth knowledge of Java… but so much more.
- You're someone that makes an impact and is a leader. They want candidates who can demonstrate the experience of leading on feature development, improving technical debt, driving improvements in the team including automation/tooling, Agile working practices etc.
- A Senior Java Developer proactively looks to improve others through mentoring, pair programming and being an active member of their internal engineering community.
- They also engage outside their immediate team - ie DevOps with Platform teams; working with Architects/Principal Engineer on cross-team/cross-product initiatives.
- You will have designed and built complex, large-scale, microservices solutions using an array of technology including Java (8/11 and more recent), Spring Boot, REST APIs, Kafka, Docker, AWS/GCP and Kubernetes.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join a hugely successful company as they continue their evolution, dominating their market. Please reply with your CV or call Simon Evans for a chat.
Senior Java Developer - Building Brand New Services for One of the UK's Leading Websites
Java | Spring Boot | REST APIs | Microservices | Kafka | AWS/GCP | Docker |Kubernetes
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.