Java Developer | Manchester
Java Developer | South Manchester
Working within a software development product team, working on the development of a unique B2C technology product. Working in a mature agile environment (Scrum & Kanban).
- Based in South Manchester
- Permanent position
- Suited to a junior developer with some commercial experience (6-12 months +)
Are you looking to grow your career as a Java developer?
Perhaps you've already started but the environment isn't supporting you in the right way?
You want to be involved in software development, using the latest open-source technologies, surrounded by experienced developers who can help you to grow your career?
We're working with an independent software business who are looking for you to join one of their development product teams.
Technology stack includes:
- Jenkins / Maven
What's the environment like?
- You'll be working in an agile product team led by a Tech Lead and consisting of a Senior Developer, 2 mid-level developers, a QA and a BA.
- You'll be following a TDD approach.
- You'll be surrounded by developers using SOLID principles, again driving best development practices.
- You'll be in an agile environment, following Kanban.
- You'll have access to online learning courses and a training budget to improve your skills.
What will I be doing in the role?
- You'll be working as part of the team to come up with solutions to decide on the best technical approach
- You'll work on delivering high-quality software using clean, robust and maintainable code.
- You'll take ownership for your own workload as agreed in the sprints.
- You'll produce support documents for the applications that are developed.
- Define your own development; you'll take ownership of your training and workload to grow as a developer.
What will I need to succeed in the role?
- A core grounding in development; either from commercial experience, a graduate degree, or strong evidence of self-learning and personal projects.
- Experience of working in a commercial development team.
- A strong ability to interact with other members of the development team.
- A passion and enthusiasm for growing your career as a developer.
- Knowledge of agile practices and an understanding of best-practice development theory.
What next? Please apply and get in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Tom on 0161 249 7152or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.