Front End Developer | Technology Company
Front End Developer | Central Manchester
Working for a technology company that creates a range of bespoke systems that collect, interpret, and feedback on real-time data.
- Central Manchester, UK
- Up to £35k, + bonus & wider benefits package
- Permanent position
The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the world around us.
Connected devices collecting a huge amount of data across all aspects of how we live our lives. Everything from where we visit, where we spend money, how we get to work, how we travel.
This huge amount of data is literally shaping how we interact with our environment.
Cities are using this data to optimise their services and to improve our standards of living. Everything through transport optimisation, weather monitoring, pollution management, service optimisation and more. Smart cities are helping to move towards a sustainable economy and this is driving the growth of services in technology in this space.
We're working with a technology company who are part of this movement.
They create bespoke software and technology services that are allowing the shift towards smart cities. They create products that monitor and interpret real-time data which can then be evaluated to optimise and improve services.
As part of their growth, they are now looking to hire a permanent Front End Developer; someone who can work within a small development team and can lead on the Front End Development projects across web and software products.
This is the first dedicated front-end hire, and you'll be supported by the current back end / full stack team.
What you'll be doing;
- Working as part of a small development team, responsible for the Front-End development work across web and software products.
- Working closely with the design team to bring the product designs to life.
- Managing interaction; looking at UI specifications and defining interaction models.
- Support in design briefs, providing input into what is possible in the product build.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the project requirements and then work with them from conception to completion of projects.
- Work in an agile environment with a collaborative and supportive development team.
- Gain exposure and learnings into new technologies and development languages.
- You'll need to Front End development experience (1 year +).
- Strong HTML, CSS is a must have.
- Python; a lot of their current work is Python/Django heavy, but they can provide training. Any exposure to Python is an advantage.
- PHP / Laravel / CMS - any exposure to any front-end language or use of a CMS is considered.
If you have experience in the front end development of digital products (web, software, or both), have a portfolio of work that you are proud of, and want to play a key role in the growth of this company, then please get in touch.
What next? Please apply and get in touch. If you have any questions, please contact Tom on 0161 249 7152 or email@example.com.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.