Core Java Developer
Permanent, £35,000 - £45,000
The biggest commercial broadcast network in the UK.
This company is passionate about content and target audience on a global scale and want to continue pushing the boundaries and being innovative. This role involves you working on a financial payments system that pays big public figures. Developed in Java with a micro-services backbone it's the first of many products to be developed and maintained out of the Manchester tech hub.
There will be ongoing development with this product as well as building new ones.
This is an opportunity for a Core Developer to join the team to build a capable, self-organising development team. You will need to have strong technical and good people skills in order to provide technical direction, mentoring and coaching.
- Awareness of the benefits of in-house frameworks/tools and commercial tools/frameworks and choosing which ones to use
- Guiding the software architecture of the system being developed. You will support a micro-services infrastructure.
- Ensure quality code
- More responsibilities with the spec…
- Core Java knowledge, Java 8 or later preferred
- Understanding of micro service-based architectures
- Java based libraries: Dropwizard, hibernate, maven
- Understanding of continuous integration pipelines (e.g. Jenkins)
- Relational SQL based database understanding (e.g. MySQL)
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of workflow engines is desirable (Activiti in particular)
- Awareness of Angular
- Evidence of using Typescript
- Knowledge of AWS is beneficial
Benefits: In addition to our core benefits you will have the selection of various Voluntary benefits
- Free Parking | Interest free Season ticket loans
- Option to work out of our other offices around the UK (expensed travel)
- 25 holidays (33inc bank holidays) with the option to choose an additional 2 weeks as a voluntary benefit
- Flexitime of course
- Annual Bonus Plan
- 3-6% pension contribution
- Health Insurance (pays up to 50% of your salary for 5 years if you are ill or unable to work due to injury)
- Life assurance - Salary 4x to your family/dependants
- Huge discounts in over 850 retailers!!
The list goes on…
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.