Senior Data Scientist - £50,000 - £65,000 + Bonus
Senior Data Scientist - Manchester
£50,000 - £65,000 + Bonus and Package
Are you a data scientist looking for an exciting new challenge with a great company?
Look no further...I'm currently working with one of the most data lead organisations based out of the North West and London. This organisation look to bring in innovative trend setters, this doesn't mean you have to be over the top and larger than life. They like to find that person who has something a little bit special. If you have a passion for machine learning and artificial intelligence then these could be one of the coolest companies to work for in the North West.
Within the role you will prototype new algorithms, apply statistical methods and marketing science to business problems, especially demand forecasting, clustering and measurement. You will work collectively as part of a well established team to address new and complex problems.
Essential for working in the role:
- The successful candidate will have a solid bachelor's degree in a statistical or mathematical subject plus work experience demonstrating competence utilising these skills
- Good understanding of statistics and mathematical methodologies used - especially forecasting, regression, linear models, time series, hypothesis tests, optimisation.
- Ability to prototype solutions - using e.g. R, Python, SQL, or Matlab, to facilitate testing of algorithms on large data sets.
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques, with applications to classification, prediction, and clustering.
- Ability to apply and extend experimental design methodology in order to conduct rigorous measurement of treatment effects.
What can they offer?
- The business have a flexible health and wellness package offering; Private Healthcare, Denplan, Critical Illness and Life Cover
- Whilst the business is passionate about work, they also understand there's a whole lot more than that, so we offer flexible working, 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays and early finish Friday's!
- On top of all of this we also have a Benefits Allowance, Bonus Scheme, Treat Yourself Allowance, Travel and Season Ticket Loans, a Cycle to Work Scheme, we match contributions to your Pension up to 4% and you can take any of your unspent benefits allowance in cash or your pension.
Send your up to date CV and any questions through to email@example.com and we will be in touch!
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.