Principal Engineer - Artificial Intelligence - Machine Learning - Python / Java OR Scala
Our client, one of the global leaders in Market Intelligence are looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join their ranks and help lead the AI team alongside the VP of AI in a technical capacity. As a Principal Engineer you will set the tone from a standards perspective, play a big role in choosing the technology and also mentoring more mid-level engineers.
As a Principal Engineer you will work in a cross functional team which includes Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Big Data Engineers and Testers. You will be responsible for developing the entire Data Platform in this AI team.
The tech stack is vast baring in mind they stream over 1 petabyte of Data per month which includes Python 3, Scala, Java, AWS, Spark & Airflow.
So, if you're a Senior or a Principal Data Engineer eager to progress in a company such as this, we need to see the following from you:
- At least 5 years Engineering experience either Data or Software orientated with the primary language being either Python, Scala or Java.
- You've built data pipelines from scratch and also, designed the architecture.
- You're also passionate about the development of big data frameworks and implementing them.
- Strong background on AWS ideally as well as being a SQL expert.
- A huge plus if you've mentored engineers previously!
So, if this sounds like the type of Principal Data Engineer role you're looking for, don't hesitate and apply now!
Principal Data Engineer - Python / Java OR Scala
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.