Insight Analyst (Data) - Manchester - hybrid working - £35,000 - £45,000
Looking for a scale up business who is changing constantly to accommodate their workforce?
We need a Insight Analyst who is going to be responsible for developing data insights dashboards for customers and internal customer-facing teams, helping customers to understand and maximise the value from our analytics and automation products.
You will join the product development team but you will work closely with stakeholders and contributors from across the organisation and our customer base to gather requirements, iterate prototypes and listen to feedback. Ideally we would like to see a minimum of 3 years experience developing Business Intelligence dashboards using PowerBI or other modern BI tools such as QuickSite, Tableau and QlikSense.
This role will suit a dynamic individual with a creative, analytical and commercial mindset who enjoys the challenge of working autonomously and collaboratively to deliver critical insight in a simple way, to support sound business decisions dealing with a range of stakeholders.
This is a varied and exciting role with excellent career opportunities in a well-established, rapidly growing software company. With this comes a great package, a chance to join a brand new data function that is being built to help aid the product development for customers.
You will be joining a truly flexible team with people who strive to make the business better and love what they do as a result the team will invest in you and help you to grow, whilst having some fun along the way. Each quarter there are team events which has resulted in the business achieving a net promoter score 30 (that's strong). There are regular team lunches and activities such as afternoon off to do pizza making, brush and bubbles, axe throwing you name it.
Usual benefits including 25 days holidays & bank, healthcare and pension all included.
Day to day you will be expected to.....
- Work with customers and internal customer-facing teams to gather requirements.
- Plan and prioritise BI work, setting priorities with stakeholders and communicating progress.
- Analysing customer data to identify opportunities & gaps and validate customer feedback.
- Designing and developing BI dashboards, converting requirements into new features.
- Launching BI dashboards, managing UAT and ongoing feedback, taking responsibility for delivering and maintaining a high-quality product.
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- Roughly 3 years or more experience in a data analysis or business intelligence capacity
- Proven track record of end-to-end delivery ownership with little supervision.
- Highly proficient with QuickSight or similar BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau and QlikSense
- Experienced in Excel for data manipulation and ad hoc data analysis
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with both customers and colleagues.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to balance and prioritise conflicting demands.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Additional bonus would be....
- Understanding of statistical techniques and concepts for data exploration and analysis.
- Experience of programming tools such as VBA, R, Python or MatLab, using relevant libraries for data manipulation, statistical analysis, and data visualisation.
- Has a passion for data science
Interested in finding out more? Either click apply or send questions through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.